Pamela Mairs, MA
Limited Licensed Psychologist
"We are all complex beings. No one has the same experience yet we are all here together. By working with individuals and couples, I focus on helping others reach their potential through the development of a positive non-judgmental relationship. I bring a practical and creative approach to problem-solving and personal growth by integrating an existential, interpersonal and dynamic process.
Outside of work I enjoy golf, travel, gardening and the company of family and friends, including cats, a dog and two exotic parrots."
Gay, Lesbian, Transgender concerns, Anxiety, Depression, Stress management, Couples therapy including same sex couples, Domestic violence, Sexual behavior, Trauma, Pain management
• Therapist, Child & Family Psychological Services, 2011-Present
• Suicide Prevention and Assessment/Intervention, complicated depression
• Inpatient mental health (Riverside Medical Center-Illinois) & Borgess Hospital
• Public mental health and substance abuse (St. Joseph & Kalamazoo counties) assessment, brief intervention, home-based, school-based, emergency intervention
• Contractual outpatient with 45th Circuit Court, Department of Human Services
• Individual and group work with individuals coping with sexual behavioral concerns and domestic violence
• Extensive administrative and supervisory experience in the public mental health setting
• M.A., Western Michigan University
• B.A., Governor's State University