Lawrence Beer, Ed.D.
Licensed Professional Counselor
“Psychological counseling provides individuals an opportunity to focus upon aspects of their lives where they feel ‘stuck’ or dissatisfied and to find ways to improve the quality of their lives. My goal is to help my clients open themselves up to the possibilities that exist for them and to find the courage within themselves to pursue what they want and need. I have a particular passion for helping people to improve their relationships with others and also with themselves.”
Adolescents, Anxiety, Panic Disorders, Depression, Marriage and Relationship counseling, and Men’s issues
• Director and Therapist, Child & Family Psychological Services, 1989-Present
• Adjunct Assistant Professor, Counseling Psychology, Western Michigan University, since 1987-Present
• Former weekly talk show host on mental health issues on WKZO Radio in Kalamazoo, 1996-2006
• Former President, Division 51, American Psychological Association, 2006
• Ed.D., Counseling Psychology, Western Michigan University, 1986
• M.A., Counseling, Hofstra University, Hempstead, N.Y.
• B.S., Psychology, University of Toledo
• American Psychological Association
• Michigan Psychological Association
• American Red Cross Disaster Relief