Nancy Hein, LMSW, ACSW
Licensed Master's Social Worker
Adademy of Certified Social Workers
M.A., Reading Specialist
"Life and relationships can become complicated and parts of life can be hard. I am a positive, supportive therapist who builds on people's strengths and recognizes their positive intentions. I help clients clarify their own thoughts and feelings and offer information and support. Clients learn to manage difficulties using a variety of therapies. New understanding and insights allow people to grow and make new choices to improve life for themselves and those they love.
Reading intervention: Reading difficulties are not all the same. I assess each reader and develop ways to support strengths and address individual needs. Reading is the core of each lesson, and all areas are covered, including phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency and comprehension. Fun practice leads to mastery of reading skills and strategies."
Anxiety, Depression, Life transitions, Trauma recovery (individual and group), Personal growth, Stress management, Relationship issues for couples and families, Parenting, Perinatal Mood Disorders, Grief/Loss,Women's issues, Specialty in reading intervention with children and adults
• Therapist, Child & Family Psychological Services, 2005-present
• Reading Specialist, Public Schools, 2000-2006
• Instructor, Kalamazoo Valley Community College, 1999, 2002
• Program Supervisor,Master's Level Clinical Case Manager for School-based and Wrap Around Programs,1993-1997
• Therapist, Family & Children Services, Kalamazoo and Van Buren County Mental Health, 1980-1999
• M.S.W., Social Work, Western Michigan Univeristy
• M.A., Reading, Western Michigan Univeristy
• B.A., English and History, Teaching Certificate, Denison University