Linnea Halvarson, MA, LPC, LLP
Licensed Professional Counselor
Limited Licensed Psychologist
Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
“I've often seen life as a big 'school room' in which the lessons can be fascinating, fun, sometimes frustrating, often difficult, and even traumatic. I feel privileged to have served a wide range of individuals and couples, gay, straight, young or old, as they have pursued their journeys toward health, recovery, balance and personal growth. I offer support and reflection, skill building and guidance as people confront and resolve their issues, doing so with as much love, compassion and humor as possible.
I have served as a psychotherapist for more than 25 years in the Kalamazoo area. I work with adults and older teens, focusing on relationship issues, depression/anxiety, grief/loss, LGBT issues, communication, skill building and personal growth. I work with individuals and couples, and have frequently offered group therapy and workshops over the years.
I see myself as a guide and teacher for those who wish to learn and grow as they move through this great school of life."
Adults, Older teens, Stress management, Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Life transitions, Relationship issues, Gay/Lesbian issues, Communication skills, Grief/Loss, Addictive systems, Abuse issues, Personal growth, Spirituality
• Therapist, Child & Family Psychological Services, 2004-present
• Therapist, Behavioral Health Resources, Battle Creek, 2000-2010
• PT Instructor, Kalamazoo Valley Community College, 2005-2010
• Outpatient Clinician in various settings since 1985
• M.A., Counseling Psychology, Western Michigan University, 1985
• Graduate study, non-degree, University of Illinois, 1977-1978
• B.S., Natural History & Communications, with Distinction, University of Illinois, 1977
• Undergraduate study, Western Illinois University, 1972-1974