Christopher L. Barnes, PsyD
"Throughout my training and education, I have encountered truly remarkable people. Each individual or family has taught me that as a result of their personal experiences, philosophical, spiritual, and cultural views, all people are unique. That is why I personalize each treatment I provide. Whether it is teaching relaxation or stress reduction techniques, assisting you in achieving increased insight, or supporting you through life's many processes, I am confident that you and I can achieve your desired therapy outcome. I also provide psychological assessments. These assessments can be beneficial in that they may not only increase your understanding of your cognitive and emotional functioning, they may also further refine your treatment goals as well. The therapeutic relationship is meaningful and can offer limitless possibilities in a safe and secure environment. I have an affinity for exploring these possibilities with those whom I work."
Psychological testing/evaluation, ADHD, Behavioral issues, Men's issues, Mood disorders, Personal growth, Interpersonal problems
• Clinical Psychologist, Child & Family Psychological Services, 2011-Present
• Intern, Wright State University School of Professional Psychology, 2009-2010
• PsyD, Clinical Psychology, American School of Professional Psychology, Chicago Campus
• MA, Clinical Psychology, Illinois School of Professional Psychology
• BS, Psychology, Western Michigan University