Jennifer Kindt, MA
Limited Licensed Psychologist
"Finding the right therapist is an important process. When you find someone you feel you can trust, it creates a space where you can just be yourself. It is my goal to foster a sense of nurture, safety, acceptance, and compassion as we work together. In this space, we can embrace what is working well in your life, and explore different ways of thinking, feeling, and walking in the world to help manage life's challenges. This practice often leads to an increase in clarity, confidence, a deepening of relationships, improvements in mood, and a greater sense of calm.
I have been honored to witness significant life transformations in my work with children, adults, and particularly adolescents. Some areas of strength include depression, difficult life transitions, anxiety (including agoraphobia), relationship issues, grief and loss, low self-esteem, school and work-related stress, among other challenges."
Depression, Life transitions, Anxiety, Agoraphobia, Relationship issues, Grief and loss, Low self-esteem, School and work-related stress
• Therapist, Child & Family Psychological Services, 2013 - Present
• Experiential Facilitator, The Adventure Center at Pretty Lake, 2011 - Present
• Behavior Specialist, Edwardsburg Public Schools, 2003 - 2008
• Psychology Intern, Kalamazoo Psychology, 2001
• Prevention Specialist, Woodlands Behavioral Healthcare Network, 2001 - 2003
• Group Facilitator, Family and Children Services, 1999 - 2001
• M.A., Counseling Psychology, Western Michigan University, 2001
• B.A., Psychology/Applied Professional Ethics, Western Michigan University, 1995